U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,780,786 times

Advertisements

Troy-Bilt 6.75HP-Torque 21" Self Propelled Mower

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I have owned my Troy-Bilt 6.75-Torque 21" Self Propelled Mower model (12A-A26M011) for about 3 years now. I purchased it from a major retail home improvements store when we bought our home and have used it for the past 3 seasons.

I live in Florida so I get to use my push mower year round and have about ½ acre with it. The land is inclined for the most part and has a lot of trees on the property. I have a mulching blade on the mower which allows me to use it at the start of fall when all my leaves began to fall from the oaks and pines that are on my property and it does a really good job mulching through the leaves and gives a great cut to the lawn at the same time.

The self propelled feature was a must for me when I was shopping around for the mower. It has only one gear for speed but I have used my neighbors which offer several speeds which I didn't like at all. I could never set the gear at the speed I wanted and it would either go to fast or too slow so if that is a feature that you are thinking about spending extra money on don't, it's a waste.

The Troy-Bilt 6.75 hp Briggs and Stratton engine has been really reliable for me until this past season. For some reason I have had a difficult time starting my mower and it seems to be losing some of its power that it had when I first purchased the mower. I also had to borrow a friend's mower which was a small engine mower and wasn't self propelled but had a larger cutting surface. It gave my yard a better cut than my Troy-Bilt and was at times easier to maneuver around my trees. There are different cutting heights on the mower which you can adjust to your liking and if you have a flat small yard ½ acre or less I think this would be a great investment for you to make. However, if your yard is inclined or you have more than ½ acre to cut I would invest my money in a riding lawn mower. I would give the Troy-Bilt 6.75HP-Torque 21" Self Propelled Mower model (12A-A26M011) a 3 star rating out of 5.

Nirra Poret

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews