U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 12:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,938,777 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart*Prep 11 plus DLC-2011

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This is a remarkable food processor that is above most items being sold in the market today. It cuts everything into perfectly even slices. It is also exceptional at kneading and pureeing something that most food processors have difficulty doing. The bowl size is equivalent to 11 cups, which is about the regular size for any wholesome food processor. If the bowl was any smaller, it might be a bit too inconvenient for people to use. The speed is adjusted automatically, which is perfect for ensuring that the consistency of the dough being needed is perfect. I hate how other processors are not able to achieve this level of kneading.

What I do not like about it though is that the blades will not start moving unless the food is cut into small chunks. Considering that the tube is 4-1/4 by 2-3/4 inches large. It can still get annoying to have to cut up carrots before I can get the processor to work. It seems ironic how the tube is so large but will only take small chunks.

Measurements of the product are 7 x 9.5 x 14.8 inches long, and it weighs around 15.5 pounds. It also comes with slicing or shredding discs, a spatula and a dough blade. There is also some recipes included in the purchase which is perfect for getting you started. A how to video is included, which makes it easier for newbies to use the product.

A negative thing about this is it is never the product, but the customer service. Mine broke, and trying to get a hold of customer service for a speedy repair/return was a bit long. I heard a lot of people seem to be having the same problems as me.

The item is currently selling for $169.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews