U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 12:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,958,990 times

Advertisements

Braun K650 CombiMax Food Processor 600 Watts

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this machine after having a Cuisinart for several years, and I've enjoyed it very much in the year that I've had it. My old machine wasn't as heavy-duty as this one and was a little difficult to clean, but I've een very impressed with the Braun.

It took me a little bit of time and practice to get used to using this food processor, as I had had two Cuisinarts that were essentially identical for several years. They were lower-end machines with fewer attachments, so they didn't have quite the learning curve that this one did, at least for me. That being said, the manual was easy to understand, so once I went through the motions a few times, referring to the book, I was good to go.

I have a much easier time processing heavy batters and doughs in this machine, which I really appreciate, since I do a great deal of baking. The blades and motor don't seem to have any trouble handling even very dense cookie batters. It is equally good at chopping, pureeing and blending other foods as well.

This food processor is also very easy to clean. My old one had a feeder and feeding tube that were difficult to clean, but I don't have nearly as much trouble with this one. Most times, I can pop everything into the dishwasher after a quick rinse, and it comes out nice and clean. When I do have a more troublesome mixture on the feeder or feeding tube, I can get at it with a bottle brush for a minute and then it's ready to go.

I also really like how quiet this machine is for a food processor. I always expected my food processor to be quite noisy and didn't really mind it, but this one is noticeably more quiet. That's nice when you're trying to cook and hold a conversation at the same time.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews