U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,868,923 times

Advertisements

Kodak Pulse Digital Frame

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought the Kodak Pulse Digital Frame for my mom last Christmas but I knew that I would get a lot of use out of it too, albeit indirectly. My mom and the rest of my family live about six hours away from me. So we constantly rely on photos to keep in touch. I send pictures of how my daughters are growing, and we get pictures of my nieces and nephews, and just people waving to say hi. This Kodak digital photo frame helps us do all of that, and in a whole new and really cool way!

I initially bought the Kodak Pulse Digital Frame for my mom because it's wireless-enabled and has its own email address. This is an especially unique feature in the frame because it means that pictures can be emailed right to the frame. That means that I can send photos of my daughters directly to the photo frame, and my mom can add them to her collection without having to transfer them from her camera onto a memory card, onto her computer, and so forth with the complicated process that comes with other digital photo frames. And with its own email address, my mom can also send me photos of the rest of the family directly from her photo frame. She gets to add to her own pictures and send them to me too, and there are no extra steps required on her part.

When I bought the digital frame, I also unwrapped it and loaded it with pictures. This just made for a nicer gift I felt, and my mom is sort of clueless when it comes to things like that. I was amazed at how easy it was to set it up and to get my pictures on there. And I could have put as many pictures as I wanted on there - it holds over 4,000 photos! And I could load all of mine from the memory stick that I had my photos on. But, the frame can also be used with SD memory cards, multimedia cards, and xD-Picture Cards. I also uploaded them all using the easy to read and easy to use touch screen. So I knew my mom would be able to figure it out easily too!

The Kodak Pulse Digital Frame turned out to be such a great and useful digital photo frame for both me and my mom that I'm thinking of getting one for myself. Because even though I benefit from my mom's, I'd still like to be able to have my own digital photo frame that looks as sleek as this one does, and that will display all my pictures in a slideshow on a 10" screen. But while it's worth every penny, this photo frame still cost me $225 when I bought it for my mom and that's not pocket change for me so it will be a little while yet before I have my very own. Luckily, my mom still keeps sending me pictures in the meantime!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM

492 posts, read 1,340,185 times
Here is a good demo of the unit:
Hands-on with the 10-inch Kodak Pulse - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews