U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,814,014 times

Advertisements

Fellowes Intellishred PS-79Ci

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

A few months ago I purchased the Fellowes Intellishred PS-79Ci because I needed to clean out some files in my office and didn't want to simply throw the papers away. There was a significant amount of shredding to be done and because I wanted a machine that would last for years, I selected the Fellowes Intellishred. The machine ranks very high in reviews from consumers and now that I have used it for a few months, I completely agree with the great reviews. This machine is jam-free and worry-free. In fact, once I started using it I happily found out that it shreds more than just paper. It will shred staples, paper clips, CDs and even DVDs. This was a nice bonus feature of the shredder.
The machine is not your cheap model in stores for under $50, but rather cost $199.99. This model claims to be jam free which is the main reason I bought it and so far, this declaration is correct. Since the machine does shred CDs and DVDs I thought it would be fine to shred old credit and debit cards. It did not jam and shred the cards up nicely. I was quite pleased with this feature.
Other nice features about the shredder include the noise level while shredding - it is quiet, and also the efficient pull-out bin. I like emptying the pull-out bin and keeping it neat after a batch of shredding and it is an easy feature. The bin is easy to pull out and reinstall. Another great feature of this machine is the automatic shut-off which is a nice safety aspect of the shredder.
The cons of the Fellowes shredder include the expense, because it is more expensive than most shredders on the market and the liner bags not holding up. I have found that the liner bags rip easily, but overall the machine works wonderfully.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews