Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

2007 Volvo S-60

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My 2007 Volvo was a complete surprise. Until now, I drove soccer mom vans. You know the type; easy in easy out but, not much in terms of speed and handling. When I pushed my Volvo over the speed limit it gave me no complaints. It took corners easily without the tires squealing.

My husband gave me a Volvo on Valentine's Day 2008, although it was a year old in car years it was brand new to me. I am only 5'2" tall and with some vehicles I have trouble seeing over the hood. The Volvo's seat adjustment allows not only to see over the hood but, the mirrors help me see over the back of the car. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The backseat can accommodate even my son's long legs. The trunk is spacious and can hold a weeks worth of groceries securely.

I have never owned a 'luxury' vehicle and now I will probably never go back to ordinary. As far as the dashboard components I have time, temperature and speed all on one part of the console. There is no mistaking where the hazard lights are and my all time favorite is the high speed defroster.

As with any car there are some drawbacks. The passenger seat is not electric like the driver's seat is. It has to be cranked forward and backward into a comfortable position. A little medieval if you ask me. The heat and air conditioning have trouble finding their way to the back of the car. When a passenger sits in the back seat they can feel a draft from the trunk. Opening the trunk is a real adventure. You can't do it from the inside of the car.

I do love this car. It has style, speed and handling any luxury car should have. But, there are little things that could be changed to make it a real treat to drive.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews