U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,780,786 times

Advertisements

Samsung Colour Laser Printer CLX-3185FN

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My husband gave me the Samsung Colour Laser Printer CLX-3185FN for my small home office this past Christmas. I was so excited because it was a Samsung, which is a name I know and trust, and because it was just what I needed - an industrial strength printer with a desktop look and feel. It does come with few quirks that take some getting used to, but it's a great printer that does the job I need it to.

The first thing that I noticed, and loved, about this Samsung printer is the fact that it's quite compact and that it looked good on my desktop - and still left lots of room for my computer, my files, and all the other things I need for my job. I also loved that all of the buttons, including the power button and the eco-copy button were all located right on the top and front of the printer. No more bending down trying to punch in certain features or squinting to see the printer's display. This display even has a cool LED configuration that tells me what the status is of my printing job. Another very cool feature that's also right on the top panel is the Print Screen button. This will just let you print out your screen, without having to go through a print preview or print confirmation screen first. This printer is all about saving time

One thing I don't like about this Samsung printer is the fact that it comes claiming to be able to print many different sizes and styles of paper such as business cards, envelopes, and card stock. I don't actually use card stock for my business but I do like to print out cards that I've made myself for birthdays and special holidays. Unfortunately, I have a problem with this printer every time I use card stock with it. It also doesn't have double-sided capability but, at least it doesn't claim that it does before you buy it!

A couple of more things that I really like about this Samsung printer is that it prints very quickly yet, it's still very quiet. Printing in color is considerably slower than printing in black and white but both are still very fast. And I can talk on the phone or focus on a report without having to worry about not being able to hear myself think over the printer beside me.

Even though my husband gave me this printer as a gift, he still gave me the receipt in case I wanted to change it for a printer that would better suit my needs. I didn't, but I did sneak a peek at the receipt, and saw that he paid $369.99 for it, which is a fair price considering that there are comparable machines on the market that are priced much higher.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews