U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,797,395 times

Advertisements

Aroma AKW161 ClariTea Electric Water Kettle Tea Maker

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I received one of these units as a birthday present from my husband. It is the first tea maker machine I have ever owned, and I was immediately impressed by many of the features. Prior to receiving this machine, I used a plain electric water kettle and brewed the tea directly in a coffee mug- but this machine both boils the water and brews the tea in one easy step.

This kettle features an attractive carafe with a large capacity and can produce 4 to 5 mugs of tea at once. The base functions as a docking station for the carafe, which allows you to lift the pot and pour it without worrying about cords (unlike my old kettle). It also has an auto-shutoff feature for extra safety- if you forget about it and leave it on, it will shut off on its own rather than overheating.

The lid is easy to flip open with your thumb while holding the carafe handle, for simple filling. For brewing, it has a stainless steel tea ball that attaches by a chain to the underside of the lid. This maker can be used with either bagged or loose tea for extra flexibility. Prior to receiving this maker I had used bagged tea exclusively, but this handy capability has driven me to start purchasing loose tea and experimenting with different varieties. The ball is detachable for easy washing and disposal of the spent tea leaves. The carafe itself is not dishwasher safe, but I still find it easy to clean (just give it a quick rinse and wipe it out with a paper towel).

In all I love this maker and found it extremely easy to use straight out of the box. It boils quickly and produces several cups with ease and keeps them warm. I work from home and love a good cup of tea while I'm at my computer- so this little tea maker really makes my life easier. I have owned it for almost a year now and used it nearly daily in that time, and it's holding up very well to the abuse. I would heartily recommend this product to any avid tea drinker!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews