U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,462,431 times

Advertisements

Alive Air

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Alive Air
The Alive Air purifier has made every customer who has ever bought it absolutely ecstatic including me. It is a phenomenal machine that uses nine different technologies to remove anything harmful or just annoying from the air like foul odors or even excess air freshener. It is particularly useful in removing the smell of bug spray. Then it freshens the air and even makes it healthier for you to breathe. The biggest pain about this machine is that it took a while to sort through the parts when I first got it. Nine technologies mean a lot of assembly but it still was not rocket science and the customer service representatives are very friendly.
The controls are located at the top of the machine. They are simple touchpad buttons and are the keys to some great features. The most useful of those features is the sleep mode which makes the purifier virtually silent in case you have trouble sleeping with the daytime sound that it makes. That daytime sound is not terribly loud. It also has an automatic feature and a timer mode. If you do not allot a time for it to run you can also simply leave it on all the time and it will be fine. Aside from the four speed options, the Alive Air purifier has one other feature which is an alert display that tells you when you need to change and clean filters.
As for how this machine works, under the cover is a filter for catching large dust and hair particles. After that comes the HEPA filter which catches hair and dust particles. Air purifiers that claim to be the best for pet owners usually boast about their HEPA technology. Alive Air's HEPA filter is equipped with carbon on the back of it which serves to trap harmful gases and smells. Behind the HEPA filter is a nano technology filter which enhances the UV light that sits behind this filter and assists in killing germs and other pollutants. At the base of the filtering system is that UV light which is used to kill germs, mildew, bacteria and even mold. Inside the actual purifier is an ionization system. After the purifier cleans the air of toxins and odors it ionizes the air which is thought to improve a person's mood, energy level, mental stimulation and ability to sleep better and even assist in complications with depression.
There was a time when I desperately needed a great air purifier but had a tight budget. This purifier was a great investment. It cost me exactly $299. I purchased it from the product's website and did not have to pay tax or shipping. That price might sound a bit steep to some of you, but for a live saver like this, it's worth every penny! Aside from the assembly being a bit of a pain and having to wait to receive a part I was missing, the only negative thing I can say about the Alive Air purifier was that I had to put black tape over the light so I could sleep. It's rather bright, but Alive Air still gets five out of five stars!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews