Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Quadra Silent Air Purifier

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I purchased this ionic air purifier because we have three cats, and as such, a great deal of dander floating through the air that affects the air quality of our house. I also wanted a machine that "filtered" any animal hair floating through the air, but this unit does not collect "large" pollutants like animal hair. However, the product promised to improve air quality by neutralizing dust, pollen, and dander, so I decided to give it a try.

After the first 24 hours, the "coils" of the machine were coated with a fine layer of dust and dander particles. To clean off the debris, I removed the coils from the top of the unit by twisting the top of the machine, and then I washed the coils off in the sink. After towel-drying the coil unit, I placed it back into the air purifier and turned the unit back on. After the initial 24 hours, it took approximately seven days for the coils to get completely filled. The cleaning system was relatively easy and became routine.

I noticed the air felt cleaner and definitely smelled fresher within just a few hours of turning on the machine. The unit gives off a pleasant odor that smells faintly like ozone. The air purifier "charges" the dander and dust ions and attracts the particles into the coil unit.

However, the unit did not improve the overall dust level of the house by any measurable degree. This was disappointing as it was the main reason for purchasing the air purifier. Especially when considering how expensive the machine cost in comparison to other available models.

I purchased my Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Quadra Silent Air Purifier for $248. In hindsight, I probably should have invested in a large air filtration system that utilizes HEPA technology and is able to capture and retain dust and hair particles. However, this machine is extremely quiet and does make my house smell fresher.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews