U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,780,786 times

Advertisements

Pro-Form Performance 900 Treadmill

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I recently purchased the newly redesigned Pro-Form Performance 900 treadmill as my previous treadmill stopped working. The Pro-Form Performance 900 is not an entry level treadmill and is designed for heavier use by people who run and jog on a treadmill. For people who want to walk on treadmills there are certainly cheaper options on the market. The price I paid for the Pro-Form Performance 900 was $1999.00 at a national retail chain.

I run at least three miles six days a week so I was looking for something that could stand the daily wear and tear. Upon testing out this, and other similar treadmills at the store it felt very stable and solid compared to cheaper models. The stability felt similar to those treadmills at the gym.

On several other models I tested I noticed the belt felt like it slipped when running at high speeds above 8 mph. the Pro-Form 900 had no slippage even at the maximum speed of 12 mph. The reason it did not slip was because it has larger rollers on the belt which are the same size as commercial treadmills. Most at home treadmills have small rollers, which cause the slippage and can be a serious safety hazard.

The Pro-Form 900 came with great features such as a built-in speaker system for my iPod, a fan, 10 predesigned performance workouts and 10 predesigned weight loss workouts. The coolest feature was the iFit technology. I was able to select a workout terrain using Google maps as the iFit connects to my home internet connection. It also features the Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels, who was there pushing me to finish my workout. To make this technology work I did have to purchase an iFit wireless adapter separately. So far the Pro-Form has exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to any intermediate to serious runner looking for a solid treadmill at a good price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews