Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Kenmore 76081h

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I needed to buy a new air conditioner fast. Mine broke down so I went on my search for the ideal air conditioner for my flat. The room is a bit big though so I wanted one that was powerful enough to cool it even during the hottest days, yet not so power hungry that my electric bill would shoot up.
My pick was the Kenmore 76081h, a window type air conditioner manufactured by LG electronics. I've always liked the brand so I figured this model should do well. The sales person told me that the AC can cool a room of about 400 ft which was well beyond what I needed, so that was a good thing for me. The price wasn't so high for this one and the energy consumption was tolerable making it a great buy. Its energy efficiency ratio was 10.8, and I'm admittedly not an expert on this subject, but it seemed like a good number compared to the other products. It came with the regular remote control and a 12 hour delay timer feature.
This was however a bit noisy for me. Tolerable enough, but I would have preferred something quieter. Thankfully, I crank up the volume on my music when I sleep anyway so this was an acceptable negative feature. It was a bit big as well and there were initial problems during the installation. The guys from the AC Company had to widen the window a bit and do some other tweaking to properly fit the air conditioner.
It did come with a one year warranty on parts and labour though and a 5 year sealed system warranty which was great.
It is currently priced at $200.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews