Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Brother CS60001 Sew Advance Sew Portable 60-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Brother CS60001 Sew Advance computerized sewing machine will actually make sewing fun. With a selection of 60 different stitches, it provides sewing options for every possible user. If you're a beginner sewer like me, it may feel like a bit of over-kill at first. But I'm glad that it allows me room to progress to more intermediate and expert stages. One of the features I really appreciate on this model is its LCD screen. It puts my stitch selection right in front of me. I even have a choice of foot pedals, or I can use a 1-touch button on the machine instead for many functions, such as start, stop, or reverse. The Brother Sew Advance is great for someone like me who could never even thread a bobbin right. It has an auto-set drop-in bobbin and an auto-threading function. A lot of the guesswork is taken out for the beginning seamstress. All I have to do is select the stitch and guide the material! This model comes with lots of accessories, many of which I haven't even used yet, but it's good to know they're available. These include cleaning accessories, extra bobbins and needles, and inter-changeable presser feet. It even includes a table attachment for quilting. This machine will even allow me to make 7 different types of buttonholes -- although I can't imagine why I'd every want to! For a machine with so much packed in, the Brother Sew Advance is actually quite lightweight and portable. Oh, and for those like me who are prone to tears up anything they touch, the machine has a 25-year warranty. I read online that this model is now being used for demos at sewing exhibitions. That makes sense, as the machine is so easy for a beginner to operate. By the way, this machine is available at such a great price (under $500) for a computerized machine with every imaginable feature. I highly recommend it!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews