U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,556,554 times

Advertisements

Black and Decker Lawn Hog Electric Mulching Mower MM575

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Black and Decker Lawn Hog Electric Mulching Mower is an ideal choice for those with small yards and a desire to buy electric. Electric mowers are cleaner and easier to use, a perfect choice for those who do not consider themselves yard warriors. I use my Lawn Hog for my front and back yards, which total less than 100X100 feet in size. The mower is easy to maneuver in the space and the various cutting levels make it easy to cut the grass in different lengths - a fun thing to do if you have the patience to create a pattern in your lawn. While cutting, operators hold the plastic start bar against the mower's handle. To stop cutting, release the bar and mowing stops immediately. The bar is light and easy to hold.

Assembly is basically attaching the handle and the side spout. The handle is adjustable, so it can be a comfortable mowing experience regardless of your height. It has a 12 amp motor, which is ideal for small spaces. The mower does have mulching capability, but I have yet to try it. No maintenance is required, so mowers will not need to add oil or give the mower tune-ups. Hardcore lawn caretakers might consider this mower a cosmetic choice that does not stand up to heavy duty jobs, but for those who just want to cut their grass and keep their yards looking tidy, this is a great option.

The mower does not work great on wet grass. The side spout has a tendency to clog and I need to empty it out every few passes. The other negative aspect of the mower is the fact that because it is electric, it requires a cord. While I prefer the electric mower for a variety of reasons, the cord is cumbersome and mowing the front lawn means running the cord from indoors because we have no front exterior outlet. As all electric mower owners will tell you, it takes some practice keeping the cord out of your cutting range.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews