Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

2008 GMC Canyon

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I purchased the Canyon new in 2008. I was looking for a very simple work truck and the Canyon provides exactly that. The body is quite stylish for a truck at this price. The Canyon is a light duty pickup and has served me well with small loads and light towing. The interior is fairly comfortable and the control panel is very basic, but easy to manipulate. Maybe it's just me, but I always seem to have an issue with all the newer cars I've driven when it comes to locating and turning on the hazard lights. I had to pull over on a recent highway trip and it took me quite some time to locate the hazard switch and a little longer to realize that it had to be pushed and not turned. There is ample room behind the seats for additional storage. The backbench, however, is a little high and with no middle console, there is no place to rest your right arm if necessary. The seats are not uncomfortable, but have a rather odd feel.

The Canyon handles well and has received good crash test ratings. The advertised fuel efficiency was 18-mpg city and 24-mpg highway. In a combined city/highway commute, I have averaged closer to 24 miles per gallon. The engine is not overly powerful, however, but the five speed manual transmission shows just enough passing and climbing power to satisfy basic driving needs. I have only had to do basic maintenance and oil changes since the original purchase, other than the AC blower not functioning on one speed, and the cruise control malfunctioning temporarily. Both were easy fixes and were covered under warranty.

Overall, I have been pleased with the 2008 GMC Canyon. It has been a good value for the price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews