Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire Dehumidifier 70-Pint Capacity

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I had recently been noticing some mold and mildew build up in our bathroom and around our windows in all three of our bedrooms in our home. I also noticed that our coat closet in our living room had some moisture and a lot of mold around the door frame and interior walls. After doing some research online as to what I might be able to do to fix the problem, I was told by a friend to try using a dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture that would build up around our bedroom windows and bathrooms. I thought that it would be worth looking into because we just had a newborn baby in the house and I didn't want to have to hire anyone to come in and get rid of the mold and mildew build up in our home.

I found the Frigidaire Dehumidifier 70-Pint Capacity model (FAD704TDP) on line and thought for about $200 I would buy this unit and see what it would be able to do to help with the moisture control in the house. I saw immediate results the minute I began to use the unit. Within a few hours the unit had collecedt about 1 gallon of water after a real hard down pour of rain outside. I had the unit set at 40% humidity based on recommendations from the manufactures setting.

When the unit says that it's a 70 pint capacity this means that's the amount of moisture it will remove from the air not the amount of water that will be held by the unit. It has about a 2.5 gallon tank located on the front of the unit and it also has an energy star rating but if your home holds a lot of moisture on humid days then the unit will run constantly. It is not too terribly loud but you will notice it and for some of you it may be a bother. The unit does have an automatic shut off system that shuts off the unit when it's almost full so that is something that I like if I leave it on all night. I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone looking for help to control the amount of moisture in their home and give it a 4 star rating.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews