U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,798,455 times

Advertisements

HP LaserJet P2055d Printer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased this printer for use in my home business, which requires a relatively high volume of black-and-white printed materials. I chose a laser printer for better print quality and more cost-effective ink cartridges.

The first thing I noted about the printer was its speedy operation. Pages print at about 4 seconds a page, which is light-years faster than my old inkjet. I also don't have to deal with smear, which is great. The replacement cartridge is about $85 and lasts for over 2000 pages, which is much more cost effective and environmentally friendly than my previous inkjet.

Paper handling is good with this printer. It holds up to 250 sheets in the regular input tray, which means I can print a long manuscript with only one or two refills. It also prints well on both cardstock and transparency sheets. It also has automatic duplexing, which I don't use often but is very handy when I occasionally need it.

The print quality is excellent. Print resolution is 1200 dpi, so the fonts are clear and crisp and greyscale graphics look very good. The paper curls a little bit, but this is pretty typical of laser printing and it is not excessive.

The printer doesn't have any networking capability, which is a little inconvenient since we use both desktops and laptops to work. It would be nice to be able to print a page from the laptop without having to disconnect and reconnect. It also doesn't come with an included USB cord and I was annoyed to have to purchase it separately.

For a business that prints primarily black-and-white documents, this is a great printer. I've used other, less expensive laser printers with less success, so this $350 investment has been a good buy.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews