Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 10:53 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,095,405 times

Advertisements

I can't rave about this vacuum enough and in the past I've always been totally disapointed with vacuums. I've probably been vacuum shopping for about a year. My gf literally wants to kill me over this issue. I do research adn of course like with an product even the best products have bad reviews and I talk myself out of buying something.

I'd considered the Dysons but just can't drop that kinda money on a vacuum, Shark is supposed to be good and a cheap alternative. I hear good things and bad things. A buddy of mine bought one and loves it but still wasn't sure about shark, plus really narrow cleaning path.

I wound up walking through Walmart the other day and couldn't help but wander by the vacuum isle.

Let me add my gf is allergic to my two dogs so I really need a good vacuum to keep dog hair, dust and dander out of the air and just keep the house clean period.

I was between this Bissel Heavy Duty and a Eureka, both which claimed to beat Dyson on clean tests and be a fraction of hte price. The Eureka was out after checking reviews on Walmart and amazon sites and seeing 3 star reviews.

This bissel had pretty good reviews plus it just felt solid and of quality. Wound up buying it, couldn't be happier. I'm shocked at how well it picks up dog hair, especially with the upholstery tool where as in the past I never thought upholstery tools worked at all.

I'm in love with this vacuum. Only had it a few days thus far so can't speak to long term quality and durability but so far I'm thrilled. Though I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough for the itme being its actually fun vacuuming.

Bissel Heavy Duty Vacuum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews