U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,870,345 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach 48274 Brew Station 6-Cup Coffeemaker, Black

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I turned to the Hamilton Beach Brew Station after breaking one too many 12-cup glass carafes on my standard coffeemaker. This unit is perfect for the household with just one coffee drinker. It brews great tasting coffee within its plastic housing and dispenses it directly into your mug. It is easy to use, with a pull-out plastic cup to fill with water and a plastic basket for holding a 4-6 cup coffee filter. Both plastic pieces are easy to clean and are top-rack dishwasher safe. One of the best things about this maker is its simplicity; the clock is easy to set, as is the timer, it makes great coffee without scorching, and there are no glass containers to break. It brews the coffee quickly and keeps the enclosed heating plate on for 2 hours before shutting off automatically. The push-button dispenser allows you to refill your cup with only one hand. And unlike many other one-cup coffeemakers on the market, this enables you to use your favorite standard ground coffee rather than purchasing specially made packs.

The drawbacks to this machine are few but can be bothersome. The unit can leak small amounts on occasion, leaving traces of brewed coffee on the countertop. It requires 4-6 cup coffee filters, which may not be carried at your local grocery store. I have had no problem finding them at my local Target in the coffeemaker aisle. The dispensing area is short, which means a larger travel mug may not fit. I have found myself dispensing coffee into a regular mug and then pouring it into a travel mug on occasion. Also, with no viewing window, there is no way for the user to see how much brewed coffee remains in the unit. The only way for you to know there is no more is when coffee no longer pours out into your mug.

At a list price of $34.99, this reasonably priced unit is a unique find in a market saturated with expensive pod-style one-cup coffeemakers. It looks attractive and stylish on your countertop with its streamlined and modern profile, and it reliably provides good tasting coffee with every use.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews