U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,776,142 times

Advertisements

LG Microwave MS1949G

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have been looking out for a new microwave oven to replace my old one. In choosing the right domestic appliance one has to have few criteria in mind. In fact this I have been advised by my friend who knows more about domestic appliances than me. The first important thing to look out for is the ease at which one can use the appliance. Then comes the economic viability which includes the cost and the life of the appliance. The appliance should have user friendly controls which would save time and reduce complexity.

Today's microwave ovens have multipurpose utilization and are used not only for heating food stuff or defrosting, but are also used for baking, roasting, grilling and toasting. I was looking out for one of these models which had multi-purpose utilization. So far I have been using the conventional stove, but after I had the microwave installed, slowly I found out that this appliance had more to offer having the capability to process food in variety of forms. I am very fond of good cooking and what I did not know is food cooked in microwave oven tastes so different from the ones cooked in conventional cooking ranges. There is a distinct difference in flavor and this made a huge difference.

I looked through the options I had within the budget I had and ultimately I went for LG Microwave MS1949G. The LG Microwave MS1949G has a 9.6 inch diameter turntable what I exactly required. This microwave oven has 10 power levels which is great for cooking various types of foods at each of the given power levels. For example, the other day I went for a trial in cooking tender cuts of meat. I first tried at power level 6 but ultimately I got the result putting the microwave oven at power level 10. Power levels gave me maximum flexibility and control.

The most important safety feature of the LG Microwave MS1949G is that it is equipped with a child lock. This feature indeed pleased me and I felt safe. With the child lock on the oven displays 'locked' if any of the panel control button is pushed. The other notable feature which I noticed is the oven's three Quick Defrost feature, and with express defrosting I could defrost 500g of food in no time. The oven automatically sets the defrosting time for each food. This feature became very helpful for cooking frozen food. The Auto Menu lets me pre-program the oven to cook food automatically.

The LG Microwave MS1949G cost me about $94, and the delivery was on time. The oven was installed in my kitchen without any hitch and was demonstrated successfully. I would give 4 and a half star rating to this microwave oven.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews