Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

NordicTrack AudioStrider 990

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990, which has been newly redesigned with some additional features over the previous model. I enjoy working out on elliptical trainers because you can still get in a great workout without the shock to your body you get from running on a treadmill. I purchased the AudioStrider 990 for $999.00.

The first thing I noticed about the AudioStrider was the great sound system. The machine came with premium speakers and a dock for my mp3 player. Incorporated into the sound system was a subwoofer that added to the quality of the music.

The workout features included an IFIT workout card with a customized 8 week fitness program designed around a specific fitness goal such as weight loss, heart health, and cardiovascular health to name a few. The card plugs into the machine and includes a fitness trainer who talks you through each workout.

The specs on the elliptical included an adjustable stride which can go between 18" to 20" to incorporate more muscle groups. The power ramp has a 30 degree range of motion to increase or decrease the incline.

The first workout I had on the AudioStrider 990 was great. The machine does have a slight learning curve because of the many features, but the controls were pretty intuitive. The four speed fan was a nice addition especially once the workout got more intense. The 20 pre-programmed fitness workout outs and the one-touch resistance also add to the experience.

The AudioStrider also comes with two sets of handlebars; one to keep your arms stationary and one set that allow you to work your upper body. As far as elliptical trainers go this is as quality as one you will find at a gym, but won't break your budget. I recommend the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 to anyone looking for a high quality elliptical trainer.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews