Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Kenmore White 4.0 cu. ft. Front-Load Washing Machine (4027) ENERGY STAR

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We bought this washing machine to replace a top-load machine that I had owned for about seven years. I wanted something that would clean large loads of laundry effectively while also being energy efficient. We chose this one because I prefer Kenmore (this is my third Kenmore washing machine) and because it was less expensive than other models.

This is my first front-load machine and I am impressed by how little water it uses. My water bill has actually decreased since it was installed, which really surprised me because the load capacity is larger than my previous washer. It also uses less electricity and I've noticed an immediate decrease in my monthly energy bill. I use my washing machine very frequently, so I'm looking forward to the cost savings.

Because my husband and son like to trail-ride on dirtbikes, I wash a lot of loads on heavy wash setting and use the pretreat option. Their clothes are coming out much cleaner than with my previous washer so I'm really pleased with its operation.

I also love the fact that there are individual settings for wash temperature, spin speed and wash cycle. I like the ability to customize the settings so that I can effectively use the washer for things like felting knitting or rinsing lace in additional to normal laundry activities.

The washer is also operates very quietly. Our washroom is in a closet that abuts our living room, so it's great to be able to run a load of laundry in the evening without having to turn up the TV to hear over the washing machine.

My only real complaint with this washer is that it will get a little musty if I don't keep the door open. However, when I leave the door ajar, it doesn't have that problem so I've just made it a practice to keep it open to let it air out.

Overall, it's a great washer and I'm very happy with its operation and the cost savings I've already enjoyed with it. It was retail price $799 and it's been a good value for the cost.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews