Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,543,281 times

Advertisements

2010 Porsche-911-GT3-3

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I was lucky to be present when 2010-Porsche-911-GT3-3 was launched at Geneva. At the first look, I understood that if I was looking for a super car, the Porsche-911-GT3-3 is the best amongst the most of the non-American cars. The car bears exclusive quality in all respects and the 911 is the second oldest car in continuous production after Corvette. It is one of those unique cars having rear mounted engine, engineered with skill in preventing the car from instability, which is the case with such cars as per Physics law. I had an opportunity to be in this car during a test drive and what I found is that this car makes 0 to 60 MPH in just about 4 seconds with a top speed of 194 MPH.

At the very sight of the 2010-Porsche-911-GT3-3, I could realize the quality of design and craftsmanship which have gone into the car. The rear end of this new GT3 stands out from its previous models with LED rear light clusters while at the front the 2010-Porsche-911-GT3-3 has an entirely new look with new bi-xenon headlights, as well as modified air intakes and outlets.

While the looks of this car has changed considerably from its previous models, I found that the interior design of the new 911 GT3 to be of the same exclusive style typical of Porsche. The most significant ones that attracted my attention are the three-spoke steering wheel and leather upholstery with additional alcantara inserts. I noticed that the car is fitted with sports seats and also has audio features which are in line with the current generation of Porsche 911.

The car has a 3.8 liter 6 cylinder engine and this engine is said to develop a maximum output of 435 bhp, which is about 20 bhp more than what the car's predecessor produced. At high speeds the 2010-Porsche-911-GT3-3 provides better hold and grip over the car's stability when running at high speed. The car has been designed with its aerodynamic pressure increasing with a downward force and this force pushes down the car at high speed keeping the car stable.

To my knowledge, with the coming of the 2010-Porsche-911-GT3-3, this car appears to be the fastest naturally-aspired vehicle Porsche makes besides its GT3 RSR.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews