Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,559,125 times

Advertisements

Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak 1-Gallon Compressor

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This is a pretty good compressor for its size. It really shouldn't be used as a primary compressor but it does just fine as a secondary or support compressor. The problem with most larger compressors is that they are 50+ pounds and near impossible to take with you. The portability of this model makes it extremely useful for supporting small nail guns. This little guy can be lugged around with a box of tools and is not too hard on the shoulders.

As I said, the compressor is really best used for nail guns and you probably won't have many other uses for it. It doesn't have the power for most spray paint guns or blow guns. But as it is, a great little tool for framing and roofing work. It's light enough to carry onto a small job (especially to higher levels) and you'll get quite a few shots before the motor kicks in. Anybody who has used a nail gun with a little portable compressor like this knows the advantage it can give you on a quick job.

For a little remodelling project the other day, 4 doors jambs and trim had been easy (1" to 2" 18/16ga brads) The extremely least of my problems was waiting for the little Senco to catch up. Been utilizing it for about 5 months, shot about 10,000 brads. So far it's been flawless.

Extremely low noise as compressors go, and neat small rubber suction feet which keep it from skidding around and marring up a good floor.

Last word, the first one I received had a leaky reed valve and it had to be replaced. I'm very happy with the replacement and have utilized it on a number of job sites already.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews