Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Schwinn 230

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I've been meaning to get an exercise bike for a while now which is why when I saw the Schwinn 230 I was immediately tempted to purchase it and I gave in. I love cardio exercises, but I've always been more of a bike person than a jogger. So, I picked this machine over a treadmill.
The main feature that I liked about this exercise bike is that it has a recumbent seat. It basically provides better back support for the biker because you get to lean in to the seat and your feat will be in front of you not below. It looks kind of like a laid back way of biking which is actually a pretty good feature for people who have back problems. The bike was sturdy and the price wasn't so high which is why I made the purchase so quickly. It is also amazingly quiet so I don't have to wear my ear buds to listen to music anymore when I exercise; I just play music on my stereo.
The display monitor on this thing is a bit dim though, which isn't really that big of a deal I suppose if your eye sight isn't so bad. But the labour warranty on the machine is only 90 days which is a bit sad but at least the frame warranty is 10 years and the mechanical and electronic parts get a 1 year warranty.
Remember though that even if the bike is sturdy it does have a 300 lb weight limit so if you're a bit over that you might want to get a sturdier bike.
The price for the bike is $450 which gives it a great value for money ratio. This was definitely a great impulse buy for me.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews