U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,595,975 times

Advertisements

Rowenta Focus Iron DZ5080

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After using a cheap iron for too many years, I decided to step it up and purchase a more expensive higher quality iron which led me to the Rowenta Focus DZ5080 model. This brand and model is known for its steaming feature and tapered tip which provides a very easy means to iron around the buttons of shirts and pants. The steaming feature is one of the best I have seen in an iron without the machine being a full-fledged steamer. There are 400 steam vents on this iron which produces a lot of steam. With 1,700 watts of power this machine heats up really quickly and provides a great deal of power when ironing some more difficult pieces of fabric. There are also variable steam controls which make adjustment fairly user friendly.
The only thing I don't care for in this iron is that it is heavy and if you are ironing a lot of articles of clothing your wrist may begin to ache. I wish this machine was a little lighter but I appreciate the speed it allows in getting the clothing ironed fast. The machine is more expensive than most. I paid $90.00 retail which is the most I have ever paid for in an iron. There are many other models available for half the price but offer half the features and do half as good a job.
The Rowenta brand has been around for years and has a great reputation. The overall heating time is great because it is fast, the machine offers a telescoping holder insert for the cord, and there are some unique light-up indicators that are all great features of this machine. I am quite pleased with this iron and believe I won't have to buy another one for many years. This has been a good iron to use.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews