U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 05:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,640,000 times

Advertisements

Amana White 4.8 Cubic Feet Self-Cleaning Range Model AER5844VCW

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased the Amana White 4.8 Cubic Foot Self-Cleaning Electric Range shortly after I had bought an Amana fridge. I was extremely pleased with the fridge, and was hoping that this Amana appliance would be as wonderful as the fridge was and I wasn't disappointed.

The best thing about this Amana stove is the Glass-Ceramic Spillsaver Upswept Cooktop, the flat surface that will cook your food quickly and will distribute heat evenly. The elements glow red, and they become hot extremely quickly. So it no longer takes me twenty minutes just to boil water! One of the elements even has a dual burner on it. This is a 6" burner inside of a 9" burner, which allows for better temperature control. And because one is slightly bigger than the other, you can use differently sized pots on it.

The entire stovetop is also glass-ceramic Spillsaver so I no longer have to dig around in the elements trying to scrape off burned food items and clean right down to the bottom. You can just wipe the entire, flat surface of the stove clean, making clean-up easier than ever. And while this surface does make cooking and cleaning more convenient, it does have one drawback - it makes everything really hot! Because the smooth surface does distribute heat so well, it puts it everywhere, making even plastic handles become extremely hot. There is a hot surface indicator light that will remind you, but you do have to remember to be careful and to use oven mitts when transferring pots from the stove to the sink, or to different elements.

There are many functions that the stove can perform, and they're all clearly labeled in a digital display. Instead of just setting different temperatures, you can specify whether you want to bake, broil, or just warm food. For whichever one you choose, there's an indicator light that will tell you what the stove is doing. This is especially good for me, as I do a ton of cooking and sometimes can't remember if I just put the pie in the oven to warm, or put the casserole in to broil for a few minutes. Of course, the digital display also includes a button for the stove light, so if I ever become forgetful, I can always just flip that on and take a look. And, the oven window is also extra large so I can always see everything very clearly. The oven is self-cleaning and the self-cleaning option is also located in the digital display. And who doesn't love a self-cleaning oven?!

Beyond the features and the fantastic look of this oven, I also love the price! I got mine for $699, which is almost half what other ovens are. And, it still has all the features that are most important to me!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews