U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 05:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,647,169 times

Advertisements

Saeco Vienna Plus Super-Automatic Espresso Machine

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

If you want to decrease your visits to your local barista, consider buying an automatic espresso machine for your kitchen counter. With a super-automatic model like the Saeco Vienna Plus, you will have your latte ready in less time than in takes to order at the coffee shop counter. To master the directions, it is important to study the instructions carefully and watch the included video. The first few times I used my Saeco Vienna Plus machine, I had a few glitches, but I'm not the world's most technically savvy person. After a few false starts, I had the process down to an art, however. The Vienna Plus makes wonderful lattes, cappuccinos, and even American coffees. It has some great features, including a built-in grinder for grinding your coffee beans right before serving (for the absolute freshest flavor and aroma), a frothing wand for adding foamy warm milk to your drink, programmable functions for brew time and cup size, and a large water tank. Clean-up is relatively easy. There are a few features missing from the Vienna Plus, but I preferred to stay in a more reasonable price range. It would be nice to have a timer, so that the whole process could start before I even got out of bed. And a cup warmer would have been nice, as is available on some other Saeco models. The Vienna Plus is an attractive machine, but it does take up a lot of space on your kitchen counter. Allow plenty of space for moving it around to put water in the tank. These are minor quibbles, however. Overall, the Saeco was definitely worth the price. The coffee it makes is simply great, and it's wonderful to have a machine where all I have to do is push a few buttons, then stand back and let it do all the rest!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews