Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,607,942 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool Electric Dryer WED5600XW

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Whirlpool Electric Dryer has easily been the best, most reliable clothes dryer I have ever owned. While its true that clothes dryers in general seem to be one of the more durable of all appliances, the last dryer I owned required quite a bit of maintenance. I had to replace the belt more than once, and at the end most loads needed to be run through an additional cycle before they were fully dry. That has certainly not been the case with this Whirlpool. This Whirlpool in the $600 - $800 range is an incredible value, and a great machine. The basket is 7.4 cubic feet and has handled the largest loads from our washing machine, without needing any extra time, The timer setting allows for 75 minutes of dry time, which is also convenient. It is a full 15 minutes more than previous dryers I have owned. The AccuDry feature has been very nice, increasing efficiency and shaving a little from our utility bills. The most impressive feature for me has been the Wrinkle Shield. Rarely do my clothes need to be ironed when they come from the dryer. And if I let them sit to long after their cycle, there is a setting for fluff that helps eliminate wrinkles and a lower temperature. I have had to put no extra time or money into servicing this machine. One feature that is a little bit of a problem is the lint catcher. Instead of sitting horizontally across the front of the dryer, the lint trap is on top and goes into the top right corner of the dryer. It is also quite long. The way the trap must be pulled creates the potential for lint or other items to disengage and fall into the machine. For the price range, though, I wouldn't expect to find a better clothes dryer on the market.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews