U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,864,540 times

Advertisements

Kenmore White 27 in. Electric Extra Large Capacity Laundry Center 9781

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We purchased this stacked washer/dryer because the laundry area in our small home was only wide enough for one machine but I wanted both a washer and dryer. My husband was an auto mechanic and I needed a full-size machine that would effectively remove grease, oil and dirt from his work clothes.

The load size on this machine is large for a stacked washer/dryer. I could generally do all of our three person family's laundry in four loads, including towels. Both the washer and dryer have a multitude of setting options which is helpful for homes like ours with one mechanic and one professional. The machine washes delicates and permanent press items as well as it does heavy-duty washes, and I never had any problem with clothing being poorly handled during the wash cycle.

The full size dryer was another benefit. I've used other laundry centers and had to split the wet clothes into two loads to avoid overfilling the dryer. This dryer had plenty of space and would dry even a heavy load of towels. It also had an air fluff setting for my delicates and a damp-dry cycle that even works great for wool.

There are a lot of little features that are handy in this machine. It has a bleach dispenser, and the lint trap in the dryer is easy to reach and clean. The buzzer is loud enough to hear anywhere in the house, and the washer lid stays open while you unload clothes, preventing squished fingers.

I only had to make one repair to the machine, when the bearing in the washer drum wore out and had to be replaced. Otherwise, the entire unit functioned well through the entire time I owned it.

I actually liked this unit so well that I moved it with us twice to new homes before replacing it with a top-load machine. Our landlord at our last rental purchased the machine from us to keep in the house for his new tenants, and as far as I know, it is still working. It is a very handy, durable laundry center and I'd readily purchase it again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews