U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,464,405 times

Advertisements

Hoover SteamVac Deep Cleaner, Model F5810

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased the Hoover SteamVac Deep Cleaner to clean and freshen up the very old carpeting in my home, as well as to remove pet stains. The SteamVac came out of the box ready to operate, with no set up required. The manual is very clear and helpful, but the machine is also very intuitive to use. The reservoir for water and soap is easy to remove, and clear markings on the containers make it easy to measure out the correct amount of soap and get the machine running. Hoover brand carpet cleaning solution is recommended (and included in the box), but I have also had success with other kinds of carpet detergents. The unit is not too clunky or heavy compared to other carpet cleaners out there, and you can easily be steam cleaning a rug within five minutes of taking the cleaner out of the box.

The manual gives specific instructions for moving the cleaner across the carpet, squeezing and releasing the lever on the handle to release clean water and suck it back up. I feel this SteamVac does a very satisfactory job of cleaning carpets. My carpets look cleaner and smell fresher after use. We have had problems with feline urination in the past, and this cleaner can deal with a urine spot on occasion. If there is a more persistent problem with pet urine soaking into the rug, however, this SteamVac will not be able to completely remove the smell. I am very impressed with the Hoover SteamVac's performance in sucking the water out of the rug and drying the carpet. The carpet is left only slightly damp if the directions in the manual are followed, and the rug is completely dry in very little time.

Dumping out the dirty water is a breeze. The dirty water container clicks out easily and cleanly. It holds a lot of water, so you do not need to make many trips to dump out used water. Every time I have used this SteamVac, I have been impressed with the amount of filth in the water that it has been able to pull out of my carpet. The dirty water container opens easily, dumps out neatly, and you can close it up and return it to the unit without getting your own hands dirty.

For the listing price of $109.99, I find the Hoover SteamVac Deep Cleaner to be a good buy. It does a decent job cleaning a reasonable amount of dirt from your carpets and freshening them up. It is relatively light, easy to maneuver, and easy to store. This is a nice choice if you want the convenience of a simple, decent carpet cleaner in your own home but do not want to pay a huge price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews