U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 05:05 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,871,605 times

Advertisements

Eureka 4700D LightSpeed Upright Vacuum

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

I only had this vacuum for much less than 12 months prior to it totally died on me. I'm fairly inconsistent with my vacuuming, so I utilized it only a handful of occasions (that is fairly poor in a year, I know, but I hated utilizing the factor). I was certainly not utilizing it improperly or pushing it to the limit.

Each and every time I attempted to empty the dust canister it was a mess! I attempted each and every technique I could believe of, but the dust went everywhere. The filter was impossible to clean, even with light use. This was my initial bagless and I will by no means use 1 once more. Maybe you will find great bagless vacs available, but this 1 is terrible. Certainly going back to the significantly cleaner bag program.

The style was also extremely inexpensive (but, for this cost I suppose that's to be expected). The cord was not retractable and tough to retailer. I had to hold the cord way up although vacuuming so I wouldn't run over it and it took forever to wrap it up following use. Also, the hose that sends the dirt to the canister kept coming out. I could be within the middle of vacuuming and it would just pop out and spew dirt everywhere. No wonder I hate vacuuming! I didn't anticipate the globe for this cost, but I expected it to clean and not just spit dust.

Anyway, the vacuum just stopped turning on a couple of months later. I had it for much less than a year when it died. I was within the middle of utilizing it, and it just stopped operating. I was really pleased to determine it go. I wouldn't suggest this vacuum. I would have dealt with a few of the poor functions (like the cord) if it weren't so messy, but I believe I'll do my study and discover a high quality model this time about.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews