U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,488,837 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach 70610 500-Watt White Food Processor

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I'm in my kitchen a lot cooking dinners for my family, and our family also does a lot of entertaining - which means even more cooking. And while I love it, there are times when you just need to make the job easier, and because of that I needed a food processor. I needed something that could chop, slice and dice for me while I tended to other matters, such as making sure my sauce didn't boil over. I was happy when I found the Hamilton Beach 706010 500-Watt white food processor. It was cheap, it looked like it would do the job I needed to, and it was Hamilton Beach, which is one of the best! Now that I've had it for a couple of years, and have cooked many meals with it, I've been mostly happy with it but have found that it's lacking in some areas.

What I liked most about the food processor as soon as I used it was the speed controls. There are two and they are very easy to manually control. There is also a pulse control, which I find so important and am surprised at how many food processors still lack this function. I also really liked the size of the 10-cup bowl, which I found to be quite large. I still have yet to run into a problem where the bowl on this food processor is too small.

I also liked the different attachments that came with this Hamilton Beach model. It had a chopping blade, and a grating and slicing blade that's reversible and will do either job, depending on which way you place it into the processor. I do like this feature because it takes up less space in my kitchen drawers. But there are still certain attachments, such as a dough hook and a whip attachment that I do wish it had. But considering that models with those attachments often cost hundreds of dollars, and this one only cost me $59.99, I think it's a fair trade.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews