Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Black & Decker Cyclone 10-Speed Blender

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

I purchased one of these blenders approximately 5 years ago, and had no end of problems with it in the brief time it was operational.

I'll begin what what I do like about this unit: The carafe is large with an easy to grip handle and features a spout for easy pouring. The housing itself is well designed and not overly large, so it takes up minimal counter space. I found the buttons very easy to handle in both their size and arrangement. The lid is heavy duty and forms a very good seal with the carafe to prevent leakage. When in operation it does a fair job of mixing and the carafe is contoured at the bottom to channel chunks toward the blade.

Sadly, that is where its merits end. The blade on this blender is poorly designed and difficult to remove for cleaning. I also found that the carafe was always a challenge to attach to the housing, and required extensive jiggling to get it seated properly. This unit is extremely top-heavy and at higher speeds the blender has a tendency to become unstable due to the level of vibration and will tip over if not held firmly against the counter.

By far the biggest drawback on this blender is the quality of the motor. After fewer than a dozen uses I began to notice the housing heating up and a light smokey smell. This became increasingly severe, until the unit finally burned out all together and stopped working less than one year after I purchased it. While it is a cheap appliance, I certainly expected to get more than one year's worth of use out if it for my money. This poor experience has severely impacted my view of Black & Decker kitchen appliances, and I would certainly never again purchase one of their blenders.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews