Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Samsung Rfg299aars Refrigerator

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I needed a refrigerator which would keep food fresh for a longer time than what it did in the one I had. Further, my family and I, we have the habit of waking up in the middle of the night looking for some eats in the fridge. All of us get sudden impulses. This required a larger fridge which would be ready for everything. I need a fridge that would feature fast chill in a short period of time and would get my ice cream into its natural state within minutes which melted on my way back home. After looking into all the features of such refrigerators available, I selected to purchase the Samsung rfg299aars.

The Samsung rfg299aars refrigerator is a Twin Cooling Plus system having a dual action cooling mechanism. This helped me to keep the food and the fruits fresh for a longer time. This fridge is ideal for the impulses I talked about. It has a CoolSelect Pantry (TM) and by selecting temperature and a few special functions, the refrigerator keeps everything ready for my family at any time of the day. I could also thaw or chill the food as I want and the food would be ready within minutes.

It is quite a spacey kind of a refrigerator having a total of 29 cu. ft. capacity which includes the extra 3 cu.ft available inside the refrigerator. The 7 inch LCD touch screen built into the door comes quite handy. This touch screen lets me check the schedule, access a calendar, get the nutrition facts and check whether the water filter needs to be changed. All these I could do without even opening the door of the refrigerator.

The unique thing about Samsung rfg299aars refrigerator is the door alarm. Though the refrigerator has self closing doors which keep my stuff inside tightly sealed and eliminate the chance of early spoilage, a door alarm starts off if the doors are kept open more than 2 minutes. With regard to power consumption, my Samsung rfg299aars refrigerator is Energy Star compliant. This means that my Samsung model uses less energy compared to others which saves on my electricity.

Overall I am happy with my Samsung refrigerator. The only disadvantage I find is filling up water bottles. The water spout from the water filter system comes out at an angle. However, with teenagers around, I appreciate the door alarm which comes very useful when kids leave the doors open. I am quite satisfied with the purchase of the refrigerator and it is worth the money I paid for it. I would like to give a 5 star rating for my refrigerator.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews