Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

Eddie Bauer Tandem Blue Travel System

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

When my husband and I bought the Eddie Bauer Tandem Blue Travel System, we did so for two reasons. The first was that it came with both a stroller and a baby car seat that could be used together as well as independently, which was very important to me. The second reason was that it held the Eddie Bauer name, which was very important to my husband. After two daughters and about three years of struggling with the thing though, I'd probably choose a different brand of travel system that would give me all the convenience I imagined the Eddie Bauer would, and sadly didn't.

This Eddie Bauer travel system did work well in regards to the baby car seat and the stroller. They both functioned very well whether I was using them together or not, and moving the car seat from the stroller to the car also wasn't very difficult at all. I did find the canopies on both to be somewhat frustrating. That canopy on the car seat wasn't attached very well, with nothing at the back to keep it held down. This meant that on a windy day, or even when I was just walking quickly, the canopy would fall onto my baby's head and blow in her face - not very good for either one of us. The canopy on the stroller itself was better, with a firm rod holding it in place all the way around. The stroller's canopy also had a small clear opening on the top that could be rolled back so that you can always keep an eye on your baby during all of your longest jaunts!

The stroller also came with some extra conveniences that I thought would come in quite handy. One was the spring-loaded basket at the bottom, which is great for holding coats and purses during treks through the mall, or just loading up with things you find along the way. It must be cautioned though, not to load this basket down with too many things because it will fall very low and scrape along the ground. It does come in handy quite often, you just have to be careful.

I also thought the snack trays for both the child and the parent would be extremely convenient and the child's tray worked wonderfully for both of my daughters who used the stroller - they were happy putting drink cups, snacks, and even their most treasured toys on it. But every time I placed a cup of coffee or other drink that was just a tiny bit open, it would shake and spill everywhere inside the cup container. I imagine unless you get a stroller that has super shocks on the wheels, this is bound to happen as it's simply the bumpiness of the journey that makes it spill. And I learned to just bring a closed bottle of water along with me on our walks!

Had my husband and I had to pay full price for this when it was new, we probably wouldn't have seeing as how it cost over $400 and we just weren't prepared to pay that much for a stroller - even one that came with a car seat! But when we found it on sale for $250, we scooped it up and thought we had found a real deal. If I could choose again today, I'd probably keep looking.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews