U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,642,752 times

Advertisements

Char-Broil Quantum Commercial Series 3-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We purchased this grill because we enjoy outdoor entertaining and we wanted a large, easy-to-use grill with a side burner. I chose this model because I liked the stainless steel styling and it had excellent features for the cost.

The heating system in this grill provides excellent, even cooking on every temperature setting. It heats rapidly and the built-in heat thermometer lets me know when it is hot enough without losing heat by popping up the lid. I just turn it on and finish up my prep while it does its thing.

I enjoy both grilled meat and grilled vegetables and was pleased with my results from both. The food cooks quickly on medium setting and the meat remains juicy and flavorful. The heat is very consistent across the grill and I haven't had a problem with foods in certain areas cooking too quickly. We also have only had one grill fire, which was caused by my teenage son using the grill improperly. I haven't had any problems with flare-ups at all.

I also use the warming rack often for slow-roasting peppers or onions above my other grilled foods. It is also good for heating bread and giving it a smoky taste. The side burner is great for boiling corn and for warming sauces or pasta. I've happily cooked entire meals on the grill without having to go to the kitchen stove at all.

The stainless steel racks come out easily for scrubbing and I can clean them relatively quickly. The surface of the grill also wipes down well with warm, soapy water so I haven't had any major cleaning problems since we've owned it.

The only thing I've disliked about this grill is that it uses propane very quickly. We use the grill three or four times per week and we generally have to purchase a new tank at least once a month.

This is an excellent grill and we use it often. At the price of $399.00, I would readily buy it again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews