U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,538,017 times

Advertisements

Torpedo Entertainment Digital Projector

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I read the critiques and believed, even if the picture high quality was poor, I believed I could use it for energy points. I mean, how poor could it be? But the poor factor for powerpoints is that in an workplace atmosphere, you do not have the lights completely off. This factor was barely visible in any type of lighting. The only method to make what you see on the screen visible was to be in total darkness.

The picture high quality was poor, .but I expected that from the critiques. I wasn't truly thinking I could get something HD out of it. My primary disapointment was the reality that it needed a pitch black room to determine the screen nicely sufficient to read something.

I was shocked it gave off sound from the input. as well as though you cannot use it for a PC connection, it is simple to discover adaptors on-line to create it work for inexpensive.

I bought the projector simply because it was extremely inexpensive. I didn't anticipate extraordinary performance. I wanted some thing to watch in my basement although I was running or exercising. I generally invest 1-2 hours a week exercising. My objective was to watch Cable with least investment understanding nicely that I didn't require an extraordinary high quality.

My setup:

I bought a Y splitter at Radioshack and split the local cable wire. 1 connection was plugged to my living room TV although the other was hooked it to my old VCR. The audio/video output from my VCR was hooked towards the projector. I setup the projector almost 6 ft from the white wall and viewing distance was ~ 15 ft.

Essentially I'm pleased. I spent much less than 100 bucks to have a operating program. I didn't require extra speakers as the speakers within the projector had been loud sufficient. The image high quality is acceptable (supplied the room is completely dark). 15 ft will be the optimal distance. The closer you go, the grainier the picture becomes.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews