U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,530,733 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire Thru-the-Wall Electronic Control Air Conditioner

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Frigidaire's Thru-the-Wall Electronic Control Air Conditioner offers convenience and dependability when you are trying to heat and cool an auxiliary room without ductwork. I installed one in my sunroom addition about three years ago and have been very satisfied with the results. It is a relatively quiet and unobtrusive unit. I had it installed low on the wall, and it is hardly noticeable. There are many nice features to this unit, including electronic controls and display, a remote control, a timer, automatic temperature adjustments, and energy saver features. Between having a remote control and a timer, the unit is designed so that I hardly ever even need to touch the unit itself. Temperature control is great. This unit has turned my sunroom into a true four-season room.
I don't use all the features on the remote or electronic controls, but they seem to cover every eventuality. I never have to walk into a cold or stuffy room. While I am not very technologically proficient, the operating procedures are very easy to understand, and the use and care manual lays everything out with lots of helpful illustrations.
The unit provides four directional louvers, so I can get good air flow from any location in the room. I would suggest placing it a little away from your main sitting area. Even though it is not loud for this type of unit, it definitely makes more noise than a ducted HVAC system, so you will want to keep that in mind. Also, don't forget to clean your filter periodically, or you will start to get a slighty burnt smell from the unit.
So far, I've not had to have the unit professionally serviced at all. It is dependable, low-profile, and easy to operate. I can't think of anything more I'd want out of this type of product, and would readily purchase one again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews