Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,604,457 times

Advertisements

Kenmore White 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer - 8027

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought this dryer to go with the front load Kenmore washer that I purchased to replace my top load washing machine. I wanted to cut down on laundry time and energy bills, so I chose this machine because it offered good features for a reasonable price. I have also changed washer-dryers several times in the past ten years and wanted one that would last.

The dryer dries clothes very well, in much less time than my old standard dryer used to. The adjustable settings work well once you get used to the difference between a standard machine and a high efficiency machine. I did overdry a few of my first loads until I got the hang of it, but now that I'm used to it, it hasn't been a problem. It's also a lot quieter than my old dryer, which is nice because our laundry closet is against the living room.

The variety of settings was very good on this dryer. I have several different types of clothing and am pleased that this dryer handles all of them well. I am also happy with the size of the drum, because I can wash heavy quilts and comforters without worrying about overloading the dryer.

This dryer is much more energy efficient than my old dryer, and I've already seen an improvement on my electricity bill. I wash a lot of loads of clothes per week and I am looking forward to saving money on my power bill over the course of the year.

One feature I miss from my old dryer is the air fluff option. I used that often for airing out pillows and removing wrinkles and I miss it in my "upgraded" machine.

Most of my loads are dried to completely dry, so I haven't noticed any mustiness like I have with the washer.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this dryer.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews