Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,604,457 times

Advertisements

Thermador Model: SGSX365FS

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have been using the Thermador cook top for about six years now. We did not choose this cook top because we bought this house brand new and it was already here. I was worried about having a Thermador in a luxury home because we had done a lot of research on Viking cook tops and thought they were the best in this market. As far as reliability, the Thermador has been great. We have never had to have it repaired. The only it doesn't work is if one of the tops to the burners is slightly off center. Then it clicks and sparks and doesn't light. Overall, it cooks fast, boils water fast and works great.

If I had to criticize this product I would say that it is very difficult to clean like most stainless steel products. If I scrub it too hard it scratches but I can't ever get it completely clean around the edges of the burners because of the way they are designed. They are almost like flowers with lots of different edges. Also the black parts that are on the top of the burners and the bases where pots and pans sit, fade when they are cleaned. They are difficult to reach and seem to turn a gray when I scrub them. When a person cooks a lot, this can be a little annoying.

As far as safety, I have no complaints about this product. I have children and they have recently started cooking a little bit and it hasn't been a safety issue because the product is so easy to turn on and off and it seems to cool down very quickly once it shuts down. The design is nice but I think if we would have chosen a product ourselves for that area, we would have liked the design of the viking stove. It seems much more solid.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews