U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,526,855 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire FFEC3025LB 30 Electric Cooktop - Black

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

This cook top came with our new home, and I'm anxious to replace it when we're able. When we first saw the house, I was impressed with how sleek and new the black appliances (all Frigidaire) looked, but I was a lot less happy with them once we moved in.

It's true that the appliances look nice, but it takes a lot of work to keep them looking good, the cook top in particular. I seem to spend a lot of time scrubbing after each use. It seems like everything sticks to it unmercifully. In addition, I'm constantly wiping and swiping at smudges and dust, which really stand out on theses black appliances. I've never had black appliances before, so it may be my own inexperience, but they sure seem to be high-maintenance.

Another thing I don't like about this cook top is the way the burners are configured. They're off-center, rather than symmetrical. At first, I thought this must be to make it easier to reach the handles on back burners, but that isn't the case. It's very awkward to cook on this thing if you have three pans or so going at once, which I often do. Having had this cook top for about five months, I'm still at a loss to explain why the burners were designed in this configuration.

The burners do heat well, as far as how quickly they heat and the accuracy of the settings. They're also quick to cool down, which is nice, since I do have small children and I also have a habit of moving pans around on the stove and accidentally burning things that are put on a burner that is still hot. However, I don't think this makes up for other issues with the cook top. I like Frigidaire products on the whole, but this is definitely not their top of the line.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews