Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This is a great air conditioner. I have used this Kenmore air unit in different rooms (and actually in two separate houses) and it has always cooled the room fast and maintained a good temperature for the entire time. There have even been occasions when I have had to turn the temperature up because it is so cold in the morning. I would prefer if the compressor made less noise, but it's not a dealbreaker. If I have to deal with a little noise to have a nice cold room then I can most definitely deal with that. If you don't mind the normal A/C noise you won't have a problem.

My son once accidentally left the unit on and left the bedroom door open. When we arrived back home, the entire apartment was very cold. Surprisingly, it did no harm to the unit and it was able to cool several hundred square feet with no problem.

It is a relatively easy unit to clean and move around. It is pretty heavy but not as much as some other units I have used int he past. If you have to carry it outside or install it outside the window, be sure to cover the unit and you will not see any rust. I have never had any problems with rust or weather damage. The paint on the unit is pretty high quality and is cleaned easily. I have never scrubbed any paint off or had any fading of the color and I like to clean the unit fairly often (just dust and the like). I have even kept things on top of the unit temporarily and it doesn't seem to affect the performance. I wouldn't recommend it as a permanent position but you can set things down on it just fine.

The remote control is also nice, although I don't use it as much as I thought it would. It's kind of "set it and forget it" for me.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews