U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:16 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,779,910 times

Advertisements

2006 Honda CRF 250X Dirtbike

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We bought the Honda CRF250X for my husband to trail ride with our 13-year-old son. He previously had a Honda enduro on-road/off-road that was stolen, so he wanted another Honda bike because he liked the handling and the durability. We decided to go with a pure dirtbike rather than another dual purpose because it had a sturdier suspension and we wouldn't have to worry about lights getting broken if he crashed. We also decided on a four stroke so he wouldn't have to mess with mixing his gas.

This bike has definitely lived up to Honda's reputation for durability. My husband has crashed it many, many times and typically, we see only cosmetic damage. During one particularly bad wreck, he did break the front fork, but parts were less expensive than we expected and the bike was up and running again in a short time.

This bike also has very good power. My husband is 6 feet, 240 pounds and he never had any problems with hill-climbing or in mud.

The suspension is very durable on this bike. My husband enjoys jumping and we've only had to replace the struts twice despite frequent punishment. It also rides well and I can actually handle the bike reasonably well despite its size. The chassis height is good and we haven't had any problems with excessive dragging on rutted trails.

The electric start is a nice feature as well. It's handy for those of us who have aging knees and don't feel like kicking over a motorcycle. It starts easily and has continued to work like new even though the bike will soon be five years old.

We haven't had any trouble with the transmission or with chain slippage, which makes riding more fun and relaxing.

Overall, this bike looks great, is fun to ride and incredibly durable.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews