U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 03:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,640,000 times

Advertisements

Samsung UN55C8000 55-Inch 3D LED HDTV

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Following setting everything up and calibrating the settings - extremely essential - I loaded Avatar into the Blu-Ray Player @ 1080p/24 and it was Incredible to say the Least. I do not think there could be a much better picture. Everything was crisp, clear, and life-like! Like a window to an additional globe. I did notice using the Auto-Motion set to the default that issues had been a bit TOO crisp and life-like, nearly like somebody filmed it having a HD Camera, and also you had been really watching Raw footage. I describe it like a "soap-opera" impact. Following turning the Judder to 0, and also the Blur to 10, in Auto-Motion, there was a extremely pleased medium - Ideal Movie Watching Bliss!

I discover myself wanting to replay each and every Blu-Ray Movie I personal, just to determine it on this TV.

The viewing angle of this TV is like all other LED, LCD, or Projection TV's, Not optimal - the picture does get a bit lighter from an extreme angle and that is it - still extremely extremely watchable, it's significantly much better than the at-an-angle picture of my Hitachi Projection TV. It's not a cause to bash this Item. The black levels are incredible, the Uniformity might be a bit much better in All white backgrounds, but that's very uncommon and hardly noticeably. Like most individuals I do the abundance of my severe Movie watching sitting in line using the Center of the Screen anyway!

The sound from the speakers is fantastic, as soon as you tune it, by default the speakers place out a bit much more bass than the enclosures can deal with, so a bit of vibration is produced, but following tuning, it was pefect!

You truly require a HD picture to determine the glory of this tv, a normal cable signal won't do the job, it'll highlight each and every flaw within the picture.

The Widgets and also the Web worked fantastic using the Wi-Fi Adapter, Facebook worked fine, and also the Utube loading speed of videos exactly where great. I adore checking my stock figures, although not having to break away from the show that I'm watching.

The remote control might be a bit much more tactile, I discover myself having to take a look at the keys prior to pressing, and occasionally pressing the incorrect key when playing games, simply because of the flat keys.

I've but to view something in 3D, I'm waiting for the costs of the equipement to drop prior to I do. I didn't purchase this TV truly for the 3D function it was just an good bonus to have for the future.

So to summarize, if you're searching for the crispest life-like picture that you are able to imagine, it appears you've discovered it with the Samsung UN55C8000.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews