Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire Affinity FAQE7001KW Dryer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Affinity dryer by Frigidaire is a sleek unit with lots of features. It also has the largest capacity of any dryer I've used, listed as 7 cubic feet, while taking up no more room than a standard dryer.

The controls on this unit are easy to use and it has a lot of different drying settings to suit different levels of dampness and different fabrics. General drying type is selected on the control dial, and then you can individually change additional settings like heat level and spin speed depending on the results you're looking for. It also has the ability to sense the size of the load being dried and adjust cycle time accordingly to help insure nothing comes out damp. It will also store the settings used on your last load, so if you're doing multiple loads of clothes you simply have to load it and press start (which is convenient and can save time).

I have found that the automatic settings on this machine generally work very well. I've dried everything from standard loads of clothing to heavy blankets and rugs, and its very rare I will ever have to reset the load for additional time. It is only if I overload the machine with a heavy load of towels that they will occasionally come out a little damp still. For normal loads of clothing, the Quick cycle is more than sufficient and dries in about 25 minutes. The lint filter works extremely well and does an incredible job of sucking up loose fibers such as pet hair that may not have come off in the wash. Additionally, the filter is well made and easy to clean.

In general I am much happier with this dryer than the washing machine from the same line. It can be a little noisy when in operation, but suffers far less from vibration and we have not had any maintenance issues.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews