U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,868,923 times

Advertisements

Black & Decker CBG 100S Smartgrind Coffee Grinder

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Being a stay at home mom, who also has a full-time job that I do from home, I drink a lot of coffee! And, I'm pretty particular about the coffee I drink. Because of that, I like to grind my own coffee beans to make sure that every cup is a fresh one. The Black & Decker CBG100S Smartgrind Coffee Grinder is a good coffee grinder that does the job and in the two years that I've owned it, I've never run into a problem. However after seeing other models, I do wish that I had held out for a coffee grinder that gave me a few more options.

The grinder is small enough to sit out on my countertop without taking up a lot of space. And because it's black and stainless steel, it looks great and blends in well with my other modern appliances. The bowl of the grinder is just large enough to grind enough coffee beans for one pot of coffee, so it eliminates the step of measuring for me. However, sometimes I do like to pre-grind a lot of beans to take away some of the work in the morning. At those times, I do often wish that I had a bigger bowl on my grinder.

The lid snaps on as a safety precaution and will stop the mechanism from powering on until it has locked in place. The lid also acts as the button that will stop and start the coffee grinder, which is very handy. Once you press that button the coffee beans will grind in just a few seconds. I do also find the actual grinding to be pretty loud. While this doesn't bother me, it can be aggravating to the other people in my house who are trying to study or watch TV.

There are a few things that I do wish this coffee grinder came with. A compartment for cord storage would be nice for when I want to put it up in the cupboard and a hands-free function, which I've seen on many other models since purchasing this one, would also be nice. I did also find that the price of $24.99 was a little high. While it was still worthwhile enough to me at the time to pay it, now that I've seen other models with more features, I wish that I had done some further looking.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews