U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,491,138 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach BlendMaster 10-speed Blender

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Hamilton Beach states a list price of $39.99, but I think I paid no more than half of that for this blender. It's definitely a cheap machine, but offers a decent number of features for the price.

As the name suggests, this blender has 10 different speed settings for different jobs ranging from the finest puree to ice crushing. The carafe is not very large (40 ounces) but big enough to make a one-person smoothie, which is what I primarily chose it for. The lid is easy to put on and remove and forms a good seal- it stays on even if you turn the carafe sideways and does not leak.

My favorite feature on this unit is that you can store the carafe upside down and it fits snugly over the base of the unit, reducing the space it takes up in the cupboard. As it isn't an appliance I use daily, this is very handy. Both the carafe and blade are dishwasher safe, which makes it very quick and easy to clean.

Though I primarily use this blender for producing fruit smoothies, it also performs very well chopping nuts for baking and veggies to make salsa. My only complaint in terms of chopping power is that the ice crushing setting doesn't do a very good job. The blade tends to kick just the ice chunks up at the lid rather than crushing them.

Otherwise, the motor power seems good and I have had no problems. I do wish the buttons were larger. They're very narrow and placed close together. While this is not a huge issue for me, my husband has large hands and hates using this blender because the buttons are so small.

I have also found that this blender is best used at short intervals. If run for more than a minute, the casing around the motor gets hot- which makes me nervous that it may burn out.

In all, this blender does a good job for its price- but if you're looking for an appliance with the intention of frequent usage this is probably not the best choice given its size and durability.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews