Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:41 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Maytag Quiet Series 300 Built-In Dishwasher

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I purchased the this Maytag dishwasher at Home Depot about 5 years ago. When it was new, I would have given it at least 4 stars and perhaps 5. However, after 5 years of use, I am extremely unhappy with this dishwasher.

I chose this dishwasher because it was Maytag and I've often heard from friends and family that Maytag products are durable. Initially, I was pleased with the results when I ran dishes through the cycle. I used normal cycle and a single rinse, and my dishes came very clean. I didn't like that the wash cycle was so long, taking several hours to complete a full wash, rinse and dry, but the dishes were clean so I accepted it.

About a year after it was installed, it started having standing water at the bottom of the washer after the cycle had completed. The depth was about an inch. We had a repairman come out and he installed a new part, which corrected the problem for a while.

About another year later, the dishes in the front of the washer started coming out with dried food still on them. I thought maybe it was the way I was loading them, so I tried several arrangements without success. I also changed to the heavy wash cycle and added a second rinse, but it also did not help. Since the warranty had expired, I decided to just avoid the front areas while loading and make do with the rest.

Shortly after that, the push-button latch release collapsed into the handle, making the dishwasher difficult to open. I made do.

Several months later, all of the dishes in the dishwasher started coming out with dried food on them. Additionally, the standing water in the bottom returned. We were not in a financial situation to replace the dishwasher, so it remains.

At this point, I use the dishwasher as an oversized drain rack and I hand wash my dishes. I will never buy another Maytag dishwasher. The ancient secondhand dishwasher that our neighbor gave us many years ago lasted much longer and was still working when I decided to "upgrade" to this Maytag. I regret replacing the old one.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 17,943 times
Wish I had read this before we bought our Maytag Quiet Series 300 Built-in. I've "solved" the standing water 2 times but now the dang thing leaks. I have checked the connections for both supply side and drain and do not have any cracks. Got into several conversations with my wife about rinsing the plates, pans, etc more thoroughly to ensure no dried food remains (might owe her an apology after reading the previous thread). Going to run it in a few minutes with the floor guards removed and see if I can find the mysterious leak. If it is too involved I guess we too will have a two-tiered drain dish rack. Never again will we purchase a Maytag product.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:51 AM

5 posts, read 20,272 times
It is useful information for me. Please tell me about the alternative one which is better than Maytag !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews