Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:43 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Oster 10-speed bender, Model 6832

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

The Oster 10-speed blender is a basic, durable blender. It offers a decent number of options for speed and power, with a 450 watt motor. The 5-cup glass canister is durable, large, and easy to clean, a real improvement over other blenders' plastic canisters. The cover has the standard removable center for adding ingredients.

I found the motor on this blender to be a little more durable than past blenders I have owned. I use the blender mostly for making smoothies, and motors on my past blenders have burned out, unable to handle ice or frozen vegetables. However, this blender does not blend its contents thoroughly at all. You frequently need to stop and remix, and with each cycle, only the ingredients sitting right at the blade get chopped and blended. The pulse option is supposed to get the unblended bits to come a little closer to the blade for better blending, but it works very minimally. Although the motor has lasted longer than other blenders I have used, it produces the smell of burning rubber when working to blend frozen fruit or ice, indicating that it is being overworked. It does crush ice reasonably well, although again, you need to frequently stop and rearrange the contents to thoroughly crush all of it. The blender does offer an "Easy Clean" button, which allows you to fill the jar with soapy water and easily wash the blades and glass, which is a nice feature.

At a listing price of $48.75, this blender is a disappointment. It does not blend very well and is overworked by any frozen ingredients. It blends smooth ingredients only fairly, and other blenders at lower price points could offer the same functionality. This blender does offer a glass jar and a classic look, but little else sets it apart.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews